Year 1/2 Classes – The Animal Kingdom
What artwork can you create using three black dots?
Using a hamburger model to plan writing.
A comfortable reading space
|Louise Frawley||Team Leader and Impact Coach|
|Brianna Thomas||The Mammologists|
|Kavita Davies/Amanda Cooke||The Ichthyologists|
|Felicity Toohey/Amanda Cooke||The Herpetologists|
|Ann Brennan||The Entomologists|
Year 1/2 Term 2 2018
Students bring to school a wide range of experiences, abilities, needs and interests. In year 1 and 2 they learn to listen to, read, view, speak, write, create and reflect on increasingly complex and sophisticated texts, across a growing range of contexts with accuracy, fluency and purpose. They develop numeracy capabilities and become more confident as users, investigators and communicators of mathematics. They are given opportunities to investigate HASS through inquiry-based learning. They develop computational thinking and build confidence to use digital systems through the use of Chromebooks. Students partake in activities which include the Arts, PE, Japanese and STEM. Across all curriculum areas, students are encouraged to develop their critical thinking and reflective skills.
Useful resources for Parents and Carers
- Year 1 Achievement standards for English and Mathematics.doc (19.9 KB)
- Year 1 Achievement standards for English and Mathematics.pdf (187.9 KB)
- Year 2 Australian Curriculum Achievement Standards (ACARA) for English and Mathematics (21.1 KB)
- Year 2 Australian Curriculum Achievement Standards (ACARA) for English and Mathematics (37.9KB)
- Supporting your child at home.doc (21.7 KB)
- Supporting your child at home.pdf ( 34.9 KB)
- Reading with your child at home (includes translated information)
- Literacy and numeracy tips for parents (includes translated information)
Fun learning links for children